Cream. No Sugar, please.

Coffee. 
I love coffee. I love everything about coffee: the sound it makes as it hits the ceramic bottom of the mug, the swirl the white cream makes as it blends with the dark brown brew, the feeling of holding that warm mug between my cold hands as the smooth, chocolatey tones hit my tongue and wake me up.

Coffee.

When I was younger, I couldn't drink coffee; I loved the smell, but hated the taste. It was too bitter. As I started 8th grade, I began to drink coffee, but only with a cup of sugar in it. 

Now, I have grown to love the taste of it and because I love the smell so much, I can recall it easily. 
I no longer drink my coffee with sugar. Now, I only drink it with cream and sometimes, I actually drink it black.

I am a firm believer that good coffee takes lots of work. From the beans to the brewing. 

The best coffee either has to be a nice cup of cold brew from a local restaurant or a nice cup of espresso made by my trusty aeropress. Coffee is an art.

As much as I love coffee,  I realized recently that the best cup of coffee isn't made with a certain blend or coffee maker. It's not the amount of time the beans are steeped or the amount of cream or sugar. 

It's much simpler. 

It's the people who I get to enjoy that coffee with.
They are quality people. Their presence, conversations, and laughs make my coffee taste that much better. These people are inherently sweet, not the overwhelming, fake sweet, but truly sweet.
They are not bitter people either. They are some of the most warm hearted souls I know.

I love coffee but I sure do love the people I get to share coffee with even more.


SaveSave